Chiropractic For Pets

Chiropractic For Pets

Chiropractic is not just for humans! The animal Chiropractic world has been steadily growing for some time now. It is often used by those who partake in sports such as agility, show jumping, etc, but everyone can benefit from Chiropractic whether your pet is a sportsman or not!

Want to be a Chiropractor?

Where to Study


In the UK there are now 3 universities where you can study Chiropractic:

AECC University College, Bournemouth

Welsh Institute Of Chiropractic (WIOC), The University of South Wales

London South Bank University

What do I need?

The course is Masters level and is full time, lasting 4-5 years. The shorter 4 year course requiring 128 UCAS points: A-level grades ABB or above and the longer 5 year course 96 UCAS points: A-level grades BBC or higher. To enter the 5 year course your A-levels can be in any subject except General studies, to enter the 4 year course you will need “Biology and 1 other science subject” which may include Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Psychology, Sociology, Physical Education, Geography, Geology. Other qualifications such as BTECs are also taken into consideration, look up your desired university for more information. You will also need at least a C/4 in GCSE in Maths and English and to have undertaken at least a week of work experience with a Chiropractor.

More information…


You will need to be motivated, resilient and willing to put in a lot of hours of study! The course is both very practical and theoretical and you will be able to explore specialities such as paediatrics, sports Chiropractic and rehabilitation. In your final years of study you will be treating real patients in your chosen university’s clinic and you will be assessed through coursework, theoretical and practical exams, case reports and more. To find out more information such as course fees, please visit the website of your chosen university. You can also download a prospectus.